“Championing small, creative businesses has always been really important to me”
In fact I’ve got a whole series of blog posts interviewing designers from my favourite fashion start-ups including Swag and Tassel and Xandra Jane. I think anyone who is creative and following their passion knows how important support is in keeping their art alive. As much as we would love to endlessly create, the reality is that we also need to pay our bills and put some food on the table. Before I get too deep though today’s post features a gorgeous beret from a new fashion start up right here in Wales. Andrea’s Closet only launched 3 months ago but they already have a RTW and bridal collection which they successfully showcased at Cardiff Fashion Week last month. Their gorgeous fascinators are the perfect wedding accessory but my favourite pieces are the knitted head bands and winter friendly berets. I think often hats are something you only think about when you have a special occasion or when it’s super cold but they’re such a good thing to invest in. This beret is timeless, it’s interesting but also really wearable and it’s something I’ll bring out year after year.
Here are some quick styling ideas to get you inspired to pick up a Beret…
1. Wear it back on your head and tilted to one side for a super casual look.
2. Wear it perfectly straight and back on your head if you want to channel classic Parisian chic.
3. Pair it with some sunglasses like the one in this post to instantly bring a beret up to date.
4. Pick one up in a contrasting or bright colour to add some interest to a boring outfit.
5. If you’re super edgy pop it straight on your head and puff out the shape for a very extra, runway inspired look.
6. Make sure you get one in the right size! If it’s too big you might still be able to work with it but too small and your head will be bulging out the sides. Not cool!
Once the new Andrea’s Closet website is live I will pop it here but until then please check out their social media pages to see their newest collection.